If you couldn't buy or get any presents this year, would it still be a good Christmas for you?

Favorite Answer

yes, you dont have to "buy" someone a gift, you can make one. i mean thats what i did for my teachers birthday yesterday. i made her a card at the last minute and she loved it. all that matters is the time you spend with your family and that the thought that counts. just reach out and give them a big hug and tell them you love them. they'll love it! ^<_^

Source(s): thats what i did last year... ^ ^ hehe

Although the essence of Christmas is not really about giving and receiving gifts, it would lessen the Christmas spirit because it is that one day in a year wherein you can actually have the reason to give and show love without anyone judging you. It's the season of the year when everybody has the right to express their gratitude and love towards one another.

I have to admit a lot of the excitement wouldn't be there without the present exchange, but having time off with the family is great anyway.

As i am travelling atm i am not spending Christmas with my family and im not getting many presents either.. BUT... im so excited to be spending Christmas in a different country!!

• senn

I cant say much on this coz im not a christian nor do i celebrate christmas ..but i like tht big star shining for christmas at my neighbour's door...the christmas tree n the pies are my fave..........had i been a christian if i cudnt buy any gift..it wud still remain a merry christmas...coz i wud take myself lucky to celebrate it again in my life!!!!

Hey! I even like these christmas carols....i used to sing it along my friends at school for X-mas celebrations....!!!

My fav is Joy to the world the lord has come.......and Silent night!!!!

yes. That is how it is for me this year and I believe it's gonna be the best Christmas ever because gifts is not the reason for Christmas. God Bless to all.

Nope. If I couldn't buy any presents, I would be letting quite a few people down.

Absolutely. I don't buy for people nor do they for me. Lifelong friends get used to each other's habits. Besides, we were alwys scraping to get 'buy' when we were younger so it's all good. I would rather have the person around with their rent paid than gifts.Merry X-mas and Bah Humbug!

yes. Christmas is the season to celebrate the birth of christ. CHristmas isnt about the presents, its about the love, peace, and the birth of christ.

yeap if i still had love and holidays as well as a christmas tree...

i really like all these christmas question you make today

i was a bit out of the christmas climate

a good christmas for me would be to be able to spend it with my family :( presents can't make up for the distance