What is the Best website to find accurate accounts of Aircraft Carrier Battles in WWII and their travels?

My Father was on the Aircraft Carriers Block Island and then the Guadalcanal.

I have not found anyplace to see the accounts of the WWII Carriers travels and exploits. Other than the Guadalcanal's Capture of the German U-Boat.

open to any and all suggestions of course...

Many thanks to the help offered..and answers given

Favorite Answer

Try Wikipedia.com. That site has a lot of good info of stuff like that. I've done a lot of searching for things there including ww2 and it seemed to be helpful to me.

The site listed below will present information from soup to nuts about the Navy, including history and battle fleet orders and even routes patrolled by carriers during the Second World War. You may even look up rosters of sailors on board the carriers by year, date, or assignment.

Source(s): www.usnavy.mil

There are two sites in particular: The Chief of Naval Operations site and Haze Gray & Underway. Links below.