If you jammed your finger, would there be blood under the nail?

My dad thinks I just jammed it but it really hurts. If I had only jammed my finger, would there be a pool of blood under the nail?

Favorite Answer

yea it is normal to have blood under the nail after jamming your finger. It is going to hurt for a bit, but it will all go away in a week or two.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): jammed finger blood nail: https://shortly.im/7paAC

If it really hurts, get someone you trust to hold a sewing needle in a gas-flame until it's red-hot, then get them to slowly push it through your nail until they hit the blood (You'll know by the sizzling sound as the blood boils).

This will let the blood escape and relieve the pressure...

Oh yeah... Keep a bowl handy, some people can barf at the smell of melting nail..

If it really hurts and there is blood under your nail and it's not getting better but only getting worse, go to a doctor and have him/her lance the nail. They make a little hole in the nail so the blood can escape and that eases the pain.

yea could be. what exactly happened? but for the most part you broke skin under the nail and it collects it will soon turn black and might fall off

Source(s): I had my fingers slammed in a car door and then the doors locked on them and my dad walked a good 2min before he realized my figures were in the car door

Yes, for sure...

basically a blood blister, that will slowly dissapate, nothing broken, nothing to worry about...

have a can of "toughen the fu*k up" and get on with it...

Source(s): Sitting here with a blue tinged fingernail, done between two bowling balls about 2 weeks ago...

yes, that could be.