If you jammed your finger, would there be blood under the nail?

My dad thinks I just jammed it but it really hurts. If I had only jammed my finger, would there be a pool of blood under the nail?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yea it is normal to have blood under the nail after jamming your finger. It is going to hurt for a bit, but it will all go away in a week or two.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

If you jammed your finger, would there be blood under the nail?

My dad thinks I just jammed it but it really hurts. If I had only jammed my finger, would there be a pool of blood under the nail?

Source(s): jammed finger blood nail: https://shortly.im/7paAC
  • 1 decade ago

If it really hurts, get someone you trust to hold a sewing needle in a gas-flame until it's red-hot, then get them to slowly push it through your nail until they hit the blood (You'll know by the sizzling sound as the blood boils).

This will let the blood escape and relieve the pressure...

Oh yeah... Keep a bowl handy, some people can barf at the smell of melting nail..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it really hurts and there is blood under your nail and it's not getting better but only getting worse, go to a doctor and have him/her lance the nail. They make a little hole in the nail so the blood can escape and that eases the pain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea could be. what exactly happened? but for the most part you broke skin under the nail and it collects it will soon turn black and might fall off

Source(s): I had my fingers slammed in a car door and then the doors locked on them and my dad walked a good 2min before he realized my figures were in the car door
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, for sure...

basically a blood blister, that will slowly dissapate, nothing broken, nothing to worry about...

have a can of "toughen the fu*k up" and get on with it...

Source(s): Sitting here with a blue tinged fingernail, done between two bowling balls about 2 weeks ago...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, that could be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.