Should there now be a total ban on alcohol for people Driving? the limit is a total joke why not just scrap it

Update:

I think if you wake up worse for wear thru booze you have a duty to take responsibility for your behaviour. so you dont drive if you have any doubt at all.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am totally with you. If you drink you don't drive - end of

Someone posted a similar question about this subject a

while ago and gave a website to look at about a kid called Jacqueline Saburido who had her life ruined by a young lad who had been drinking. This is the website.

www.helpjacqui.com If this does not turn you against drink driving, well nothing will.

• 1 decade ago

This is a hard question to answer .....

I think that most people now accept that it is irresponsible to drive whilst using alchohol and will restrict themselves to soft drinks only if they are using the car.

What do we do about driving the day after a drink ? The rate that alchohol remains in the bloodstream will vary from one individual to another. I would suspect that most people will still have small amounts of alchohol in their systems the morning after on their journey to work.

While the 'morning after' level of alchohol (for somebody who drinks moderately is probably well under a level that would affect their driving it will still be above 0.

Should people in these circumstances be penalised for driving with a small amount of alchohol in their system ? It would seem to be unfair to penalise somebody for having an alchohol level that does not affect their ability.

I would keep the existing limits to cater for circumstances such as these.

• dollyk
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

i thought there was a total ban , well i dont drink and drive, cant believe i used to once upon a time, shouldnt there be a total ban on drugs too

• 1 decade ago

I, from personal experience, think that there should be a total ban, license withdrawal and community time spent with recovering alcoholics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes. Should be zero tolerance. But won`t happen, cus most of the Law Lords and MP`s are piss heads. We mus`t take away they writes now. LOL

• bella
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes there should.I have never understood why they allow people to drink and drive.

• 1 decade ago

I totally agree with you!!!

• 1 decade ago

your right and it needs to be sorted out immediatly if not sooner

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.