Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

How do I repair a heat damaged spot on a wood nightstand?

The spot is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, feeling a little bumpy like pimples. The surface is dark wood.

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
  • 1 decade ago

    Sounds like the lacquer finish is bubbling. I would sand the top with 220 grit sand paper. I would suggest using a sanding sponge( easier to control for beginner) If the sanding sponges are not sold by grit use a superfine one. Wipe off the the top with a dry cloth after you sand. Buy some satin spray lacquer or polyurethane. Satin is the best because it will hide the imperfections. The more shine(gloss) you use the more you will see the imperfections. Let dry overnight and resand and spray again if necessary. Repeat until you are happy

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Ripple works wonders

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.