I need some recipes/ideas for finger foods?

Our church is having a get together. We're supposed to bring some type of appetizer or finger food. I'm tired of the same ol' boring stuff. I'm looking for something the kids would like as well as the adults. Does anyone have any ideas for something different.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tiny Teddy Car

Ingredients:

* Mini Mars Bars, Snickers or Milky Ways

* Smarties or M&M's

* Tiny Teddies - plain ones look best

* Chocolate Icing - to use as "glue"

Method

* Push the Tiny Teddies into the middle of the chocolate. (To make the teddy driver)

* Using the Icing as glue, stick on 4 Smarties or M&M's (to make wheels)

I made these for a party and they were gone before I put the plate down.

• Fran
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

• 1 decade ago

Mini quiches. Samosas. Cobb loaf.

Cobb Loaf:

You need a cobb loaf

Philadelphia cheese

Cheddar or tasty cheese

Bacon pieces

Spring onions

A can of corn kernals

Cut the cobb loaf so that it will make a bowl. Scoop out the contents and tear them up, along with the lid, in big pieces. Mix together the cheeses, spring onions, and corn. Put the mixture into the cobb bowl, and place onto a baking tray. Place the torn bread pieces around the bowl. Cook in a moderate oven for around 30 minutes, or until the mixture is all melted. Use the torn bread, and eventually the bowl as a scoop for the mixture. Yummy.

You can get other recipes for Cobb Loaf. They have spinach in it.

Source(s): I made it up, but it tastes really good. We've eaten it lots of times.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

The easiest thing I have done is fruit kabobs. All you have to do is buy about four or five of you favorite fruits slice them up and slide them on the stick. You can even drizzle them with a fruit dip (marshmellow cream and whip cream - put it in a ziploc cut the end and squeeze!). It looks great and is totally easy, it is also very healthy and a crowd pleaser for anyone watching their weight! And the greatest thing is it isn't messy and only takes a few minutes to prepare! I don't recommend bananas because they will turn brown and if you drizzle them with the fruit drip let them dry really well first so that it will stick. As soon as you drizzle them put them in the fridge so the spread will stick! Have fun at your party!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

FINGER FOOD IDEAS :

Homemade chicken nuggets or fingers, perhaps with several dips, these can be made ahead, frozen and reheated in the oven just before serving

Mini hotdogs or pieces wrapped in crescent rolls (each triangle cut lengthwise into thirds and baked at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes

Thick sliced cooked ham steaks, bologna and different cheese cut with small animal shaped cookie cutters (colby/jack is especially cute used this way)

Flour tortillas spread with cream cheese then layered with thin slices of ham, rolled up and sliced into 1 inch slices/pinwheels.

Thin French bread pizzas cut into sticks for easy eating or pizza dough cut into strips, baked and used for dippers in pizza sauce.

Ants on a log...celery with peanut butter filling and raisins (ants)

Gorp, or whatever you want to call it, small pretzels, gold fish crackers, M&Ms, oyster crackers etc. in a big bowl.

sugared or spicey nuts

Ham & cheese kabobs

Pineapple and cherry kabobs

Ham & pineapple kabobs

reuben sandwiches

cocktail rye, dryed beef, 1000 island dressing, kraut, shredded cheese. assemble on rye in order given, bake at 350 till cheese melts, approx 10 min.

ham roll ups

slices of cooked ham approx 1/8 inch thick, spread with softened cream cheese, take a midget dill pickle, or pickles chopped & mixed with cream cheese & roll up in ham slice to desired length & pin together with toothpicks

tortilla roll ups

1 pack large brand tortillas, 3 8oz packs cream cheese, 2 bunches green onions with greens, 1 small jar salasa your choice on heat level, 1 small can chopped black olives. dice onions with greens mix with softened cream cheese, salsa, olives, spread on csells roll tight,filling in ends as needed, freeze for approx 10 min (easier to cut) cut into approx 1 inch pieces pin with toothpicks.

won tons

1 packabe wonton wrappers(by produce), 1 lb itailan sausage, 2 cups shredded colby, 1/2 green pepper diced, 1/2 med red pepper diced, 2 bunches green onions diced, 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing. take mini muffin pan grease lightly, press one wonton wrapper in each spot make sure edges are bent out (otherwise they will close up) bake at 350 for 5 min. fry sausage on low ( other wise it gets tough) add rest of indgredients, mix well spoon into shells place on cookie sheet bake 5 to 7 min makes 40 wontons as there are 40 wrappers in a pack.

Bite-Size Taco Turnovers

The small taco turnover "packages" are neater to eat than traditional tacos.

1/2 pound ground beef

1/4 cup taco sauce

1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons chili powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 10-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough

1/4 cup shredded American or cheddar cheese (1 ounce)

1 egg

1 teaspoon water

For filling, cook ground beef in a small skillet till brown. Drain off fat. Stir in taco sauce, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set aside.

Unroll pizza dough. Roll dough into a 14x10-1/2-inch rectangle. Cut into twelve 3-1/2-inch squares. Divide filling among dough squares. Sprinkle with cheese. Brush edges with water. Lift one corner of each square and stretch dough to the opposite corner, making a triangle. Press edges well with a fork to seal.

Arrange on a greased baking sheet. Prick with fork. Combine egg and the 1 teaspoon water; brush onto turnovers. Bake in a 425° F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 12 appetizers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.