Psp question!?

Okay, I just realized yesterday that I could get on the internet with a psp. [I know I'm retarded.. lol] But everytime I try it says that "a connection error has occurred. The access point was not detected." Okay, I'm basically sitting right next to the router. Why can't I get on the internet? I need help like bad. I'm usually good with stuff like this, but I can't seem to figure this out! Help. :]

• Andrew
    Favorite Answer

lol, 3 answers and all of them had to do with the wlan switch.

guys, if your wlan switch isnt turned on, you get the 'wlan switch is not turned on' error.. not 'cannot detect access point'

#1. the psp can only receive an 802.11B signal. if your router is supported only in G or N then you cannot use it for the psp.

#2. you have 'use as an access point' turned ON in your router. you need to turn it off.

#3. you are using a channel that your neighbors are using. try changing the channel.

#4. make sure DHCP, NAT, PING BLOCKING are turned on in the router

#5. make sure your ssid is broadcasting and not hidden.

On the left side of your psp there sould be another switch just like the one on the right side. Turn the switch up. That is called the wylan switch. It gives you connection to internet and if you wanted to play multiplayer games you would have to put wylan on too. I really hope this helped because the internet is alot of fun on the psp. Good luck

Source(s): Psp Owner

Umm lol happened to me too, but someone told what to do.......at the right side of your psp theres a button thats has to be up, kinda looks like the turn on swicth for the psp. The one for the internet should be at the other side. Figure which way it works like being up or down......dont remenber that well anymore.

did you turn on the the internet switch on psp?

the right password for router if needed?

if its the signal like ad hoc or somethin?

i reset the whole router/ then got it working with right info

(that was last resort).