NTLDR is missing when I turn on my sata primary drive?

When I turn on my primary sata drive and boot up my pc it says ntldr is missing crl+alt+del. But when I turn off the drive it boots up perfectly? HELP. I want my drve to work!

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you need to enable the drive, power on and go STRAIGHT to BIOS

Usually DEL repeatedly on startup.

Ususally in 2nd menu (depends on board) you will find a Hard Drive Boot Priority option, make sure it's set to try to load windows from the right drive.

If not, then check the Boot Sequence, motherboard might have 2 IDE type controllers, IDE and SATA, and wrong one might take priority, so it can't find windows

• vulcan

I have repair this problem by using a floppy with a copy of bootitNG on it. The link is below. What I have seen in the past is someone with access to the root folder has deleted the file NTLDR. Not a good thing to do. This is the master boot record

• Karz

It looks like your SATA primary drive has a bootable OS that is a bit messed up. When you turn it off, BIOS only sees the other drive that also has a bootable OS that is in good condition.

Possible options:

1. Go to BIOS and make your other drive that has good OS as priority for booting. The files in the SATA drive will still be accessible.

2. Repair the OS in your primary SATA drive so that it will boot properly. If Win XP, consider the auto repair function.

http://www.informationweek.com/shared/printableArt...

open a different PC then go to: C:\

make sure you enabled viewing hidden files as well as operating system files.

after that, refresh C:\ and you would be able to see a file "ntldr"

copy that file and put in a usb drive or whatever means to transfer it to your own pc.

after that paste ntldr to your own C:\

i hope you get me. <_<

try to reinstall the power plug on the hard drive