I am a beginner at yoga and find it hard to "quiet my mind" any tips?

I feel like I cant focus on just my breathing!! it doesnt seem like it should be this hard!

Favorite Answer

can u tell what r u'r distractions

anyway use Manthra Japa

like "hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare

hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare" to calm your mind and focus on what all you got!

Keep accounts open (try not to close credit cards unless high fees) stay away from store cards (if you need 10% off Im sure you can find a coupon on their website) and last but not leaset don't worrie about keeping up with the jones. 35% payment history 30% revolving accounts (amount owed) 15% lenght of history 10% type of credit used 10% new credit (inquires count as new credit)

It often takes a while to find your "centre", but I like to close my eyes and just allow myself to feel every sensation around me- the sounds, the feel of the floor etc. this allows the body to relax and become atune with the external environment, while also centring the mind. Try this for a while and see if it helps!

I usually find a spot and focus on it... I'm usually chanting over and over to myself to focus on that point... and not fall over