ericka
ericka asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

do u hate philippine taxes?

i do! i hate to see my payslip because i know i will deducted for some taxes i believe i don't even take advantage of!

from the grocery list to the payslip to the airport, tax is included, yet we remain a third world country. i'm working so hard and yet i feel a part of my contribution to the philippine economy ends in vain.

i don't care about this before, but now i do! do u feel the same way?

adding up to felicity's answer, my friend in dubai told me there is no tax deduction there.and in thailand, even if there are taxes, prices of commodities do not go higher every now and then so you can still save a lot and manage to live a better life!

Favorite Answer

It is not actually the tax rate that is the problem in this country... It is the tax collection... Small businesses that account for more than 70% of the business entities in the countries are not that properly educated by the seemingly confusing tax laws and regulations... Much worse, their BIR examiners are only good in finding errors and not in teaching them how to correct the errors...

Why? Because if there are a lot of errors it would mean a lot of penalty... And if there would be a lot of penalty, the tax payer would choose to go for a compromise... During the compromise process, the tax payer would pay let us say one million pesos as compromise but would only get an Official Receipt from the BIR for only fifty thousand pesos...

And so the tax payer would become afraid of the taxes... The BIR are actually the one teaching wrongly the tax payers that tax compliance is a bad thing... You should cheat your taxes because we will always find error both technical and procedural...

During the long run those who are tax compliant either close their losing business or they become non-compliant to survive...

Yes, just because I was already used to a certain amount before. The changes were sudden and abrupt. poor planning is the reason. Corruption also may be the culprit. taxes here in the US is worse because it is more but I am used to the Philippines where we don't have to pay too much tax... I know people will say that Philippine taxes is nothing compared to other countries but they should realize the lifestyle and cost of living.. Additional taxes were added and the cost of living got higher but salaries did not increase as much... I think that we could have done a lot from the original tax rate Filipinos were paying for only if there were no corruption.

Yes I do (when I was still there). But what makes it worse is they take so much from my hard-earned money and you see it not working for you because the government just pockets almost all of the tax money! I finally got tired of the situation and strived to get a job here in the US. The taxes are also very high here but at least you can see where your money is going... makes a world of difference.

You can say that again,darling. Especially if I compare the benefits received from the people working in Europe or other western countries. Eventhough the taxes deducted are big but the benefits are very helpful.. while in the Philippines.. it's almost nothing. <*-*>

You have the same complaint as my son. He is single, he receives a high salary so you can just imagine how much taxes are deducted from his payslip. And not to forget any overtime he does and which are also taxable.

Taxes in the Philippines? It's nothing!

My income taxes is approximately 25% of my salary. I have to pay Provincial Taxes and Goods and Services Taxes which is about 14% whenever I buy something including services. But yours .... it's absolutely nothing!

taxes in Philippines are never returned to the locality to repair streets , build sidewalks or any thing taxes should do . All the money remains in Manila with the elected officials

• Jex

Irony indeed .... we work hard to earn, to survive. We were taxed so high, but where did our hard earned money go?

Suhulan sa Malacanang, European Trips, Pork Barrel, Kotong Cops, Corrupt Politicians, Graft and Corruption. Oh boy, don't you love the Philippines?

Yeah...c'mon did you see the documentary Mike Enriquez did on our public transpo against other Asian countries?

Proves where the Philippines are

no, i don't.

taxes, in fact, helps educate our congressman by sending them to trips overseas with our president. it allows our president, God bless her, to live a luxurious life amidst the squalor of manila. the beauty of taxes, after all, is to take money from the poor to give to the rich.

...or was it the other way around. i can't remember.