Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What are some good desserts to make for christmas?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

mango pudding, ice cream, chocolate cream cake and maybe you may like to add jam tarts and choco cookies?

• 1 decade ago

danish rice pudding

ingredients:

for the pudding:

6 cups milk

1 cup rice

3 tablespoons sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 whole almond

Cinnamon

Sugar

Cream

For the cherry sauce

1 pound sour cherries

3 cups water

1 stick cinnamon

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1 cup sugar

Directions

Step: 1 Pudding:

Put milk, rice, sugar and salt into the top of a double boiler. Cover and cook 2 1/2 to 3 hours over water until rice is soft and thick. Remove lid for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Put the almond in the rice pudding just before serving.

Step: 2 Cherry sauce:

Wash and pit cherries. Cook in enough water to cover with the cinnamon stick for about one hour. Discard cinnamon stick. Put cherries through a sieve and bring the juice to the boiling point. Soften the cornstarch with a little cold water, mix with the sugar and stir into the hot juice. Cook 12 minutes, stirring constantly. note: some people add a shot of brandy at the end of cooking Sprinkle the pudding with cinnamon and sugar and accompany with a pitcher of cream or cherry sauce.

• 1 decade ago

Strawberry Dessert

Ingredients-

1 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup chopped pecans

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, halved

1 (8 ounce) jar ready-to-use strawberry glaze

Preparation-

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Mix the butter, flour, and pecans in a bowl, and press into a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes; do not allow to brown. Set aside until completely cool.

In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Blend in the whipped topping. Spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.

Top with strawberries and drizzle with glaze to serve.

• 1 decade ago

sweet potato casserole

canned or real sweet potatos/yams

mix with a little whip cream, butter, brown sugar

on top mix oatmeal, marshmellows and brown sugar together for a crunchy top..

i swear it is a smash hit wherever i go!!! also look up other recipes for it i know some people like nuts and stuff in it...

do i all by taste!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.