Do married people live longer?

Favorite Answer

Interesting question!

There is logic in your question. I think they do because they want to see their generations through their grandchildren. Their motivation to live longer holds on because of this love on their grandchildren. They say that the interest they earned through the grandchildren are the results of their siblings. They have this secret energy to make them stronger by taking care of their grandchildren. The synergy between them is so great that one cannot deny. So i honestly believe that they live longer compared to unmarried people.

Thanks for asking. Have a great day!

• CiCi

Yes, it is a statistical fact that married people live longer than single people. Some might say that it just seems longer but I think they live longer because they take care of each other in a good and happy marriage. It helps to have someone who understands you and can comfort you when life offers disappointments. And when the times are good, happiness is doubled when two can share it.

I'm not sure on the hard facts, but I have heard that married people do in fact live longer. This may be in part down to having a partner who will notice any health problems early and give their partners a good reason to look after themselves. Not to mention being happy is good for you :)

Not because they're married alone, and not everyone of them. There are studies telling about happiness. Happy people lives longer and healthier. About sex: sex is a very good activity, in every sense. About avoiding stress.

In a good marriage or any form of cohabitation, but only in a very good one, these activity are magnified. You see that special person everyday, you cook, live, sleep and make everything toghether, more then when you were only "seeing eachothers". You may have, at least in the first time, a more regular sex activity, without the need to stealing minutes and, maybe, avoid parents, and you're less stressed about staying without him/her

Studies show that married people live longer IF they are in a healthy relationship.

See and understand the idea behind marriage.

It is GOD'S grace and blessing.

Family is the basic unit of society.

God has created man and woman to love each other.

Naturally the idea married people will live longer holds good,no doubt that I may say.

MARRIED PEOPLE LIVE LONGER A new study finds that people who have never married have the highest risk of death in the United States, contrasting with other studies that have found the highest risk in divorced, separated or widowed populations. There are many reasons married people tend to be healthier, not the least of which is they tend to be wealthier. Published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, the new study finds that, compared with married people, people who are widowed are 40 percent more likely to die, people who are divorced or separated are 27 percent more likely to die, and people who have never married were 58 percent more likely to die. Authors believe that social isolation in never-married people may play a role in increasing their relative risk. However big these differences in death risk sound, they are actually quite small compared with some other more important factors. For example, people in their 50s are more than 1,500 percent more likely to die compared with people in their early 20s.

My great grandma lived over 90 years old and she died as a single person . (She was widow for many years)

My grandpa died 83 years old married to my grandma who died 81 years old (6 months after her husband died) .

My great grandma lived with the whole family of 4 generations ! It is not only marriage that can keep people going , but the support and care from your family .

No, marriage people didn't live longer in my family .

Yes. After marriage life becomes miserable. In such state time seems to run slow and people feel that they lived longer.

i think all happy people live longer no matter if they are married or not...