Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceOther - Social Science · 1 decade ago

Okay so,, I know physical attributes come from genes,,but how much do genes influence our personality....?

and behavior, habits, etc.???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That is an age old debate that will probably never be solved.

• Bart S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Personality is more strongly influenced by environment than genetic make up, except for perhaps in the case of mental illness.

Your family, friends, teachers and other role models all play their part in demonstrating various behaviors in a variety of real life situations. This leaves a lasting impression which you may wish to imitate or reject, as you wish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Our personalities are determined by chemical processes in the brain. If our genes determine the physiological make-up of our bodies then ipso facto our genes influence our personality.

QED

• 1 decade ago

if u say personality in the sense of the look, i wld say tht genes does influence it...

as for behaviour n habits, i dun think genes play role in tht. its basically abt the surroundings/environments...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes they do influence. When I met my daughter who I put up for adoption at birth who is now 35yrs old I was amazed at the similaries in all areas

• 1 decade ago

I think it depends more what you wnet though or going though that makes up your personaltiy. OR the belifes you were raised on. INless you inhertited a mental problem then that would be diffrent

• 1 decade ago

I asked a similar question of my psychology teacher who is also a psychiatrist by day, and he told me that nobody knows.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.