Why do we get scared at night especially in the dark?

if you are at home alone and somebody tell you that there is some strange voices in the house

Favorite Answer

There are times when my boss would ask me to stay over so we can start working early the next day, but I do hear strange voices in the house so I try my best to refuse but when I do stay over I never sleep I watch TV all night. because there is something about not knowing if its the mind playing tricks or something or someone from the be on. Regardless to what the unknown is scary

If you think about it, we're trained to sleep at "night" since we're young, knowing that, no matter how much we spend time during the night, night time is just that "mysterious" different time, where things are dark, and different. Knowing this, plus all the stuff we see on tv, our minds probably just associate night with being scared, just b/c things aren't as visible or clear or what not.

We evolved from arboreal (tree dwelling) primates, which were predated upon by leopards, at night, in our ancestral homeland of tropical/subtropical Africa. I'd be scared, too, if someone told me there were strange voices in the house.

The dark represents the unknown. It's not unusual to be scared of the unknown.

probably because we are conditioned from young to be afraid of the dark,they psychologically work on you man and u start hearing voices.

Fear of the unknown. Anything that we are not completely sure of is scary.

Because it's dark and sometimes you can't see anything.

Source(s): Science

we can't see as well in the dark, which means are other senses are heightened which makes us more alert

The unknown! We don't know what's out there, but it is! And it's scary!

Source(s): Been there, done that!

We have done something guilty and afraid of others knowing that.