is an ipod touch worth the money?

Favorite Answer

If you are only going to listen to music, go for the nano, or an iPod classic. The 8G nano is $199, or about $100 cheaper than the 8G iPod Touch. It's smaller and lighter, and easier to work the controls without looking. The iPod classic 80G is about $50 less than the iPod touch, and has 10 times the storage. So if you have a TON of music, or download a LOT of TV shows, that's probably your best bet.

However. the iPod touch has additional features - you can surf the web using Safari at a Wi-Fi hot spot (or on your home wireless network). And you can also watch videos on YouTube, or ones that you transfer to the player with iTunes, or download from the iTunes store (on a screen that's actually big enough to watch). Plus the Cover Flow view of your music is pretty slick. Definitely a higher "wow" factor on the iPod Touch. So, if you want Music AND Videos AND Wi-Fi, the extra $100 might be worth it.

Of course you'll have to get used to everyone asking if you have an iPhone...

Source(s): http://www.walmart.com/search/browse-ng.do?adid=15... Own an 8G iPod touch and use WiFi ALL the time...

definite i think of the iPod touch is nicely worth it. i'm at present finding at 3 distinctive contraptions for a transportable, multipurpose, multimedia internet pill for myself. the three that i'm finding at are the iPod touch, the Nokia N810 internet pill, and HP iPAQ 210 business enterprise homestead windows cellular PDA; all listed it in my order of decision. all of them have their strengths and their weaknesses, yet in and of themselves they each and each are unique, spectacular, effective contraptions with a good style of headroom for upgradeability. regrettably all of them don't have all the effective factors that i desire yet they do come close. as a techniques because of the fact the iPod touch 32GB is going it has the excellent multimedia potential the two audio and video. And it has the excellent internet experience. in case you quite needed to, you apart from mght would desire to apply it as a Skype telephone with the extra headset / microphone combination. It additionally has the excellent gaming experience in assessment to the Nokia and the HP contraptions that I had pronounced. explanation why i could evaluate the Nokia N810 internet pill, is as a results of the fact is a million/2 the fee of the iPod touch 32GB. And explanation why i could evaluate the HP iPAQ 210, is as a results of the fact is an entire fledged PDA organizer with homestead windows place of work cellular (observe, Excel, capability element, get right of entry to) with the cut back, reproduction and paste effective factors that i desire for the two own and enterprise applications. From a in uncomplicated terms exciting viewpoint i could %. the iPod touch 32GB, plus the App keep works o.k.. From a in uncomplicated terms a company viewpoint i could %. the HP iPAQ 210. From a in uncomplicated terms geeky viewpoint i could %. the Nokia N810 internet pill, because of the fact i admire tinkering and Linux – dare to be distinctive.

NO!!! If u r thinking of buying one well think again! I mean have a ipod 30 GB (not the touch) and the battery last up to about 14 hours or more!! I herd that the touch doesn't last long and plus it only holds about 1000 songs or something like that!

nope if you're going to spend that type of $ you might as well get a iphone. I'd much rather get one of the new 80 gig Zunes or ipod classic than an ipod touch.

I will admit, it does feel sexy....100 bucks cheaper and I'd consider it...maybe

Of course not, wait for a few month , the price will drop further or something new will come up

I dont think so! I have one and the battery life sucks just like the fifth generation ipod which I had before the battery died.