Exactly what model and year cadillac is this? I can't make out the name on the side of it.?

The link is below, scroll down a little to see the picture, it is red and titled H-Town way. The front and back look like a 1978 or 1979 Cadillac DeVille, however cadillac did not make a convertible DeVille those years.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?...

Favorite Answer

The Wikipedia does list the '69-'70 models of DeVille as a factory convertible. I've seen mods made to later Cads by scavaging from those earlier years. The online pic you show does present a heavily modified, bling caddy. If they did cut the roof off, it makes the floor pan of the passenger compartment very weak without adding the underbody cross torsion bars.

It's hard to say. It looks like it could be one of the last 2-doors made in that body style. They made those until 1984 or so. I should probably look that up on the web, but we still wouldn't know what year it was. Those taillights are of the style they were using in the 1980's.

You're right about the convertible. That's definitely home-made.

I think 1984 Coupe DeVille