why do women think so many men are shallow? and if we are, why do u think it's so?

A lot of women believe men are shallow and all we want is sex. This may or may not be true about certain men, but I don't think many men are like that in the beginning.

In my honest opinion, I think the reason men turn to "pigs" is because of girls that break their hearts in the most dissapointing ways. You know who you are.

This disloyalty that so many women in relationship after relationship show to their man pretty much ruins our self esteem and we lose any depth or real love we ever may have once felt towards any woman. So ladies please, before you call men pigs, look back at what you may have done to someone in your past.

Does anyone here agree with me?

Favorite Answer

Well if that's what turns men into shallow men than... men breaking a woman's heart is what turns her into a whore ,oh wait that's true.

Most men are shallow, that's why. The only guys that admit it are the ones who have teen aged daughters.

I'm guilty, I've said that on here, lol. I've said that about the men in Northern California, where I live now. It's because they are not very physically appealing to me, but then I'm comparing them to men in Southern California who live along the coast and love going down to the beach & spend their free time at the gym or partying, so it's not a fair comparison I guess. I'm trying to admire the positive qualities in them/him, but it's not what I am used to. I guess men who are driven to success are a good thing and with me getting older (I'm 24) that should be my goal, BUT I'd be lying if I said that physically I'm not still into the guy with the tan skin, white teeth, muscles and dresses well. It's funny though, because I used to date those kinds of guys and they were usually bad in relationships. Earlier this year after the guy I dated until January turned out to have a fiancee, I decided to date nerdy men, and since then, every guy I've dated so far has bored me in a way, but then maybe I'm just being rude. I have a dream man in my mind, which is NEVER good because fantasies for the opposite sex never come true. People are real, fantasies are not.

I dont, only because in asking women to say that men being pigs is all their fault, is the exact same generalization as calling men pigs! There are certain people that are jerks and their are certain people who are heart breaker. Generalizing both women and men in the same way only adds to the problem. I dont think all men are pigs just like I dont think all woman are heart breakers!

They say Men are from Mars and Women from Moon. So there is a wide difference in each and every aspect of their life. This gulf between them cannot be filled. So men will always be men women will always be women. So don't worry your head too much of what they think about men.

I agree with you 100%. I think that there is some kind of pre-programed flaw in BOTH sexes. We initially, most of the time, fall for the wrong person who only takes our heart and breaks it into a million pieces.

Then it is left to the real Mr./Mrs. Right to come along and take thier time matching the parts of our broken heart and making us whole again...

But by that time it is sometimes too late....

HAHA! i mean....i'm a girl, can't really say i relate. but i do understand your complaint. we may break hearts, but it's because we don't want to settle for ANY guy. we want the right guy, some guys latch on and we have no choice but to get mean about it. and HEY! don't think girls don't hurt, i've encountered some pretty cold men. btw...i though this little rant was kind of cute. i'm sure your a nice guy, you'll find a nice girl(:

Allot of women do not hang around men as friends. So they do not have the understanding . If you hung around women everyday then what? People just say things they do not know, do not worry about it, A Friend.

Yeah, I think men are shallow too. That is my point of view but i don't think all of them are just most of them. Also i never call them pig, just jerk. So i agree with u mostly.

all men are not shallow. there are actually some good men out there and not about degrading and using women.