Help! Can you bake biscuits/cookies in a griller?
Hi, I am not crazy... but I need to know if there is any way you can bake/cook biscuits in the griller.
Our oven has died and I need to make some x-mas cookies for an upcoming work day.
Just to clarify, I mean a griller as in the one you find in an oven - so the heat is from above (I'm clarifying this since some of the questions in here deal with dutch ovens or outdoor grills).
If you know it's possible I would love any tips or links to a recipe - whatever you can suggest is appreciated! Thank you!
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
i found this one maybe it can help u a bit
No Bake Cookies Recipe
Prep:5m Cook:1m Servings:36
* 2 cups of Sugar
* 1/2 cup of Milk
* 1/2 cup of Butter
* 1tsp of Vanilla
* 1/2 cup of Cocoa
* 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
* 3 cups of Quick Oats
1. Boil sugar, milk and butter for 1 minute.
2. Remove from burner and add vanilla, cocoa, peanut butter and oats.
3. Stir well.
4. Using a teaspoon, place on waxed paper to harden.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
* No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
* Makes about 2 dozen.
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3 cups quick oats
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Place oats, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine sugar, milk, cocoa and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute (no longer!). Remove from heat. Pour over oat mixture; stir well. Drop by large spoonsful onto wax paper and let cool.
1. Place oats, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
2. Set aside
3. . Combine sugar, milk, cocoa and butter in a large saucepan.
4. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute (no longer!).
5. Remove from heat.
6. Pour over oat mixture; stir well.
7. Drop by large spoonsful onto wax paper and let cool.
- Anonymous5 years ago
Try also adding porridge oats and treacle (golden syrup) Avoid biscuits with cream filling. You will end up with your own personnel recipe for flapjacks. To add something special, these can be dipped in melted chocolate, very nice, but watch the calories ! It is good to experiment with food and cooking. Always make notes of what you have done, so the result can be observed and not repeated if a failure. Good luck, thanks for the question.
- GeorgeLv 51 decade ago
i know you can bake biscuits in a grill, they make a metal oven box for that purpose, you can find them at a outdoors store