R.I.P Mattew Shepard- do you know anyone who was close to him like a family member? for gay members.?

he was a good person and like me he was gay, why did he have to die all becuase of some homophobic punks, I said this before if I would have been with him I would have told them to take me instead, the same thing that happened to Matt is happening to someone right now, why can't the homophibia STOP,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJgDw6Fk2g

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQuUqyg_3o

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Favorite Answer

the girl above me wanted to say she was sorry for her comment and asking u to unblock her so she can edit her answer and apologize....

she posted this

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlKhC...

Shawn, It was terrible what happen to Matthew and it is terrible how people treat others in this world. Everyone makes mistakes some are sorry and others are not. In this case I believe they are not sorry. Some people post things before thinking and regret it later like LOVE and I do believe she is sorry for what she said. We have to forgive or it will eat us up inside.

Look, maybe it is a little heartless to say she doesn't care...but I don't know who he is either, and whilst it would seem his death is a travesty, it is a bit much to expect people to exude sympathy for someone they have only ever heard of, whilst reading your question.

The first answerer has gone to alot of trouble to apologise for her comment which so clearly upset you, and many other members.......personally I think differences of opinion should be accepted in here-and discussed in chat rooms.

I agree, he was a good person and it is a shame that so many people put blinders on.

I treat everyone pretty much the same, though I don't go by the whole do unto others approach...

I think of how I would want my children treated if they were in the same situation...Perhaps more people should try it. Maybe they would be a bit more understanding, huh?

Obviously it was not homophobics that killed him. but gay killers. You need to look up what a phobia is.

• Shawn, its great to see you stand by the memory of Matthew and fight for what should never have happened to him and should never happen to another gay person again. I don't know about his family and didn't know about Matthew until after his demise, but he would be looking down from up above and smiling at you because of your belief in this matter, fight on in his memory and be proud man, damn proud.

Hi Shawn, thanks for your post. I think you make some good points. Yes, we should care about Matthew Shepard. He was a young man who was brutally attacked and left for dead because he was gay. There has been a play written about his life and also a movie. He has become an important figure within the GLTB community. How can anyone say they don't care? As a lesbian person I know that I am, in some ways, at risk because of people's prejudices. I am also a big d*yke and can take care of myself. But, I have experienced disrespect in my life and have felt down about myself because of my sexuality. You have to be a fighter and survive! Peace to all xx

I think it was terrible what happened to him and it was wrong, but I also think gay is wrong too. People are not here to judge others, that is God's job!

I don't know...and the girl who left the first comment, i told her to pray to god she didnt go to hell in her response question. She doesn't care about someones wrongful death? Then she doesn't care about humanity. all i can say is its a shame that such a good person be ripped from this earth..but he's in a better place now. I don't care what anyone says, god loves all humans..no matter what..and if you don't believe that then you don't believe in god himself.

UNless one is assaulted by a roving band of homosexuals, ther eis no reason to be biased against them. and since I have never heard of this happeneing, nobody has an exuse other than bigotry and ignorance...

Personally I like the gay men out there reeducing the competition for avalable females... just me??

why do people pick fights they cant win and blame other people for fighting them?