What country and state have you met the rudest people?

Favorite Answer

Lisbon, Portugal. I was there for 2 days. I would ask ppl to take pictures of me and my sis and they would just turn around and wave their hand "no". People at restaurants were rude. One taxi driver wanted to charge us like 70 dollars for a 5 minute drive to the airport and when I gave him like half, he threw it on the floor. We had to call the airport police (the policeman was nice and told us that they usually like taking advantage of tourists, especially american). We encountered so many rude people in the 2 days that we were there, that i will never ever go back.

I thought at first Italy was bad, but I met a bunch of comics there. NYC is ok, everyone is friendly, even the ones that have green hair and black outfits. It's a tough call. If you visit a place and meet one mean person, it does not mean that the rest of the place is mean. Maybe there is an online survey somewhere.

I lived in Maui, the tourists are usually very rude! Stuffed up! And there are issues with poluting and tourists who do not care about preserving the land. Commercialists are also taking over that island, I guess there dream is a concrete island, money is more important. So the natives are very protective of their island.

England! However in the US ive found people to be rudest in New York and Newark.

Source(s): Ive been an international flight attendant for nine years

Rudest: New Jersey

Nicest (to be fair): Louisiana

USA, PA. Those are some of the abrupt, rudest people I've ever met.

Romania

Holland,Amsterdam

everyone seems to say the US but it just depends on the ppl they encounter. Out here in california there are rude ppl and nice ppl. Rude ppl are everywhere. I have travel to many states and i always encointer at leat on rude person, sooo i dont think rude ppl tend to live in one area, therefore on place cant have alot of rude ppl

I have been all over the world, and people the world over fall far short of people here in the good 'ol U.S.A. when it comes to rudeness-pick a state,any state! St. Louis Mo.,for example, has 3,500 crimes per 10,000 people. The most crime-ridden city in Japan, Hasegawa, has 3.5 crimes per 10,000 people! By the way, thank you so much for your question, it was my extreme pleasure answering it.And please, have a nice day!

Hongkong, no doubt about it. I've been to mainland china and the ppl there are ok, but HOngkong, MAN!