Flamenco Fusion bands?

I looking for bands in the Flemenco Fusion genre besides Ojos De Brujo.

Favorite Answer

First, a lot of music you might find categorized as "flamenco fusion" might really not be flamenco. Anyone can use the "flamenco" label, but that really doesn't mean anything.

I would suggest focusing on modern flamenco guitarists who have incorporated other styles into their music. If you do that, there's a lot to choose from: Paco de Lucia, Vicente Amigo, Gerardo Nunez, Juan Canizares, Tomatito, and so on. A lot of this might not technically be "fusion," but it's great music that incorporates non-traditional elements.

A great resource is www.flamencoconnection.com Whatever you want, you can probably find it there. By the way, I have no relationship to that company except as a satisfied customer. And please don't limit yourself to "fusion." If you do you'll miss out on a lot of great music. My background? A student of flamenco guitar for ten years. Best wishes.