NY asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Relaxation techniques during pregnancy?

i just found out to be pregnant.My first appointment is on coming saturday only.I had a miscarriage last time when the baby was 6 months old.So this time I am much tensed up.I am so nervous that I cant sleep.Please give me some tips to relax

• Torrey
    Favorite Answer

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. My good friend went through the exact same thing you did but she lost her baby at 5 months. The best thing you can do for yourself and the baby is to relax. Ask your husband, boyfriend, or friend to rub your back. That always helped me to relax. I used to always get myself stressed out and so worked up to the point of almost having a panic attack! My husband was so good to me and would talk to me calmly and rub my back. What always helped me too was I would remind myself that stressing out is not good for the baby and I didn't want any stress on the baby.

Other things you could try are... watching a favorite show or movie to distract you. Or try planning for the babies arrival. That always kept me plenty busy. Like what to do with the nursery or making baby announcements or shopping for baby clothes or things the baby will need. I wish I would have gotten more done in the 1st and 2nd trimester because the 3rd trimester.... well I was just miserable, I didn't want to do anything! Anyway.... sorry for the long response. I hope I helped you in some way. I hope all goes well with your pregnancy. Best of Luck!!