What is P.C.O.D. in medical terms and complete details about it? how it affects pregnanacy?

if there are any treatments to cure it?

Favorite Answer

What is PCOD ( polycystic ovarian disease) ?

Patients suffering from polycystic ovarian disease ( PCOD ) have multiple small cysts in their ovaries ( the word poly means many). These cysts occur when the regular changes of a normal menstrual cycle are disrupted. The ovary is enlarged; and produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones. This excess, along with the absence of ovulation, may cause infertility. Other names for PCOD are polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or the Stein-Leventhal syndrome.

Tons of more info listed on the website below :)

Lol, that actually happened to me. My innards are so exquisently different from your's buk I was photographed & written up in a medical journal. In part of the essay he wrote "& much to my surprise when I got inside there was,...." Oh, the warmth & confidence I had in Dr. when I read the words, "much to my surprise,". But now I know for sure deep down inside I am unique & special, (in a sort of freakish way) unlike you Buk who is just ordinary. My parents said yes as I was a minor, & I have been refused access to the pics even though I asked as an adult. I don't know why I was refused.