What do you think of this name for a Girl?

What do you think of this name?

Braelyn ( Pronounced Bray-lyn)

Me and my husband are both Irish.... The name Braelyn is Celtic. I wanted her name to have a part of her heritage tied into it.

It is a Celtic name. I think i would know... I just saw it in a Celtic baby name book.... so Antigone is WRONG

Favorite Answer

I like it. It's different. But ultimately just choose a name that you and your husband (or boyfriend) like the best and agree on. No one liked the name I picked out for my daughter. I named her Lilia. But I loved it and sold my husband on it lol. Now I am 28 weeks pregnant with a boy (yippee!!) and we plan to name him Waldan. Again most people in our families don't like it much but we do so just go for what you feel is best!

there is a little boy in my daughters class called Braylin but personally I think it is far too feminine for a boy.

I think it is gorgeous for a girl! I also love the name Brehyr (pron. Bray-er) for a girl. my daughter has a friend with this name. It is also Irish and so pretty and uncommon.

All those 'lyn' ending names are fairly common here anyway, actually there are a lot of 'n' ending names at the moment so I think Breyhr is better.

best of luck

Source(s): mumma of 2 and 10w pregnant

I personally wouldn't use it because I'm not Irish, but you and your husband are so i think it's nice you want to stick to your roots and give your daughter this name. I think it's a very pretty, feminine name and whoever said if you need to spell it phonetically you shouldn't use it - well, I'm not sure how other people would pronounce it if they saw it but I would pronounce it the way it's meant to be!

• Torrey

I really like it!! It is very pretty. That is cool that you want to tie it to your heritage gives the name meaning. I think my husband just might like that name (he loves Celtic things & names) and he is super picky!

It stinks! If you can't pronounce the name without a phonetic aid then it is a bad name.

Why can't people just give their kids normal names instead of hanging a name on them that will make them suffer the rest of their lives. Braelyn sounds like the name of the girl that bangs the quarterback and will end up answering the phone by saying "Delta delta delta can I help ya help ya help ya?"

• Bob

Nice

Braelyn is a beautiful name!!!

Reminds me of a donkey. Donkeys bray. That's the sound they make. What would her nickname be? Bray is awful.

bray1 /breɪ/

–noun 1. the loud, harsh cry of a donkey.

2. any similar loud, harsh sound.

–verb (used without object) 3. to utter a loud and harsh cry, as a donkey.

4. to make a loud, harsh, disagreeable sound.

–verb (used with object) 5. to utter with a loud, harsh sound, like a donkey.

I love Braelyn, its a beautiful name! I love it!! :D

That's a cute name