Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why are working class people made to feel inferior by the upper crust?

You build your fortunes on our backs then talk to us like were dogs. I live in Texas where the "right to work" law keeps us from organizing and demanding fair pay. Average pay here for a break your back factory job is 8.00 an hour which isnt enough to pay for bills, gasoline, food much less being able to save and pull yourself out of the poverty spiral.

Meanwhile the bosses make ten times that, and the top echelon makes thousands of times that.

Im not talking about a complete redistribuiton of wealth, just make the differences in pay a little more reasonable so that the rest of us can raise our families.

Favorite Answer

The greedy rich are strangling their wealth from the average hard-working American. I think we should adjust the tax code so that the first $100,000/year you earn is tax-free, but anything beyond that is taxed at 100%. That should help keep those rich bastards from further devaluing your income with rampant inflation.

I'm a commercial loan officer and I find that business people are tightwads with their money. Quite often, a business person comes to us seeking a loan in the millions. But as soon as we notify them that they have to spend a couple thousand dollars to pay for the loan processing fees, title fees, appraisal fees, lawyer reviews, and so forth,,,they get upset and complain that they have to pay for these things. It's because these people want to have lots and lots of money and not have to pay for the WORK that goes into giving them what they want. Business loans are NOT that Hard to get, IF YOU have your documentation up-to-date and complete and have the money to pay for the labor that goes into making these loans.

MY POINT is that very rich people are jerks when it comes to their own money. They feel that having a lot of money is more important then taking care of others, even when those others work hard and service their demands.

If you feel inferior, it's because you're dumb and you let it happen. Time for you to put the picture books on the shelf and grow up.

I'm about to start a career as a CPA. If I find dumb people like you still on the streets in a few years, I'm going to build my fortune on your back, too, because you're not smart enough to stop it, even after being warned.

Here's the formula:

1) go to college

2) pass

3) get a job

4) stop being a dumb azz

It basically works for everyone.

well, and the thing is... many working class people welcome it... oddly enough...

I know many poor Republicans... they say "if you work hard, you'll get rich"...

funny enough though, I only know about one or two out of many that have actually gotten rich... guess all the others aren't working hard?

the other funny thing... the two that have gotten rich weren't the hardest workers? go figure...

EDIT: how are kids that go to the worst schools in America going to magically make it into college? the schools with high dropout rates... are 70 percent of the students just lazy there somehow?

That's the great mystery of our day: those ignorant fools you just described will vote... Republican!!!

Reminds me of the Log Cabin Repubs (gay GOPers) their party hates gays and yet they sell their soul for what? a tax break?

Damn, the haters in that party are giving it to them in the shorts and they're PUSHING BACK!!!!!

(I think this will make an interesting question)

It isn't their fault that someone's only option is a "break your back" job. If they'd prepared for the future, gone to college and gotten a good education, they might have some people breaking their backs for them.

Quit whining and be greateful you have a job. If you want to become wealthy start your own business. No one's stopping you...you're just too lazy

You sound alot like a communist to me. Communism is evil.

one sentence: money can buy.

add another sentence: economical base determines the upper structure.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt.