how do i get rid of rats that is already trapped?

last night a huge rat is already trapped in the trap. what should i do? or usually people do to kill it. im planning to pour it with hot boiling water to kill it. Oh yeah.. i hate rats n im freaked out by it.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

drown them, rats cannot swim, they drown. put them in a bucket, a deep one, and fill it half way, so they cant crawl out. they will drown.

• 1 decade ago

I would not do anything cruel to it...is there a field nearby you could release it? Or, you can drop it off at a local veterinarian/pet store to kill it humanely. Another idea would be to put it in an old pillowcase and wack it against a hard surface as hard as you can...one time should do the trick and the rat won't even know what hit it.

Dropping boiling water on it would be a horrific death for the rat...have some compassion...even though it is a rat, it can still feel pain the exact same way you can.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What kind of trap is it in that it is still alive???

You need those traps that whack them good and dead-they look like a giant mouse trap.

Then just toss them in the garbage. Or mail it to the person who said to release it again.....LOL

• 1 decade ago

It is best to kill it right away or else it will cry for help and you will be attacked by more rats. Pour boiling water will make it cry for help. So, better drown it right away.

Take care and GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

place that sucker in a bucket of water..and hope it doesn't come back as a snake and eat you..ha ha..just kidding

Source(s): the book of rat killing
  • Samijo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Get a snake. and its entertaining to watch.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.