Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 decade ago

Bed Wetting at 18 a Problem?

Well. I am 18 and just a week ago i wet my bed.this isnt the first time either. About a year ago did the same thing and two years before that. The weird thing is though, all of those times I was dreaming and i thought I was in the bathroom but i would then feel something warm and wake up. this last time it happened as i was waking up and i was able to catch myself before i went too much. is this something to be concerned about or is it just an occasional accident?

• Ash
    Favorite Answer

Found this on the web, hope it helps!

Bed-wetting that starts in adulthood (secondary enuresis) is uncommon and requires medical evaluation. Cause may include:

Diabetes

Urinary tract infection

Urinary tract stones

Prostate enlargement

Bladder cancer

Obstructive sleep apnea

Neurological disorders

Rarely, acute anxiety or other emotional disorders may be the cause of adult bed-wetting. A doctor may be able to identify the cause of adult bed-wetting based on:

Medical history

Physical examination

Urine tests

Urologic examinations and tests

Neurological evaluation

Treatment of adult bed-wetting is directed at the underlying cause, when possible.

I wet the bed late in life but it ended before I hit puberty. It was the same thing, dreaming about using the bathroom. I don't know if I physically grew out of it and was able to control it or if my dreams changed and I can no longer find the bathroom in my dreams. I search and search and I only find the guys bathrooms. You do need to check it out at the doctor's because you are too old for it.

Do you drink a lot of water before you go to bed? Try not to drink anything for an hour or 2 before you go to bed. If that doesn't work go see your doctor like Ashley suggested. If it's something serious, it would be better to be embarrassed with your doctor than to let it go and become worse.