How do I turn a video I have on my computer into a link to send to over the web?

I have a video clip under the 'My Pictures' folder on my computer that I uploaded from my digital camera and now I'm trying to send it to a friend. It's too big to attach in an email so I'm trying to make it a link to send through Facebook or a site like that. How do I turn the clip in a web link??

Favorite Answer

As Tiffany mentioned you can upload that video to a site like YouTube and they'll host the video for you. If you don't want to use YouTube for whatever reason, you can also share larger files using services like mediafire.com, fileden.com and divshare.com (I am not affiliated with any of them in any way). They all have free versions of their service and you can usually upload a 100MB file and share it with only email addresses that you specify. When you sign up for any of the above mentioned companies (except YouTube) - use a 'throw away' email address. One that you don't rely on for critical communication.

You should have a folder on your computer that contains the videos file, what you need to do is open the containing folder and choose to send link or email link or however it works.

As long as you use IE (or Firefox*) with 'active scripting' enabled, you will get this rubbish. It's Microsoft's long running method of making IE "interact" with websites, to give your that 'rich Internet experience'. That is the trade off: flexibility for security. *Firefox 'out-of-the-box' does not allow scripting, but an Official Microsoft hack of it installs 'Silverlight' (and other MS trash) which renders Firefox little more than IE in terms of security.

You need to upload it to someone who will host it...youtube?