Brenda R asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I just drank a couple beers.....I wanna take my Rx Elavil........(If you've taken it before)What would you do?

I just got put on Elavil 25 mg. (take 1 tablet every night at bed time) today......... I drank a few beers about two hours ago.....am I safe to take it? If you've never heard of or taken this Rx please do NOT answer this. I need REAL opinions!!! Thank you! :)

Update:

Like..............7.........but, I'm def not $hit faced....

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yea, it's fine (take two to counteract the alcohol).

• Daisy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Wait and start it tomorrow. Beer is a central nervous system (CNS) depressant and so is Elavil. You're going to make yourself very drowsy/make your buzz or state of drunkeness increased by taking it. There's probably a warning on your bottle or in the pamphlet and it's there for a reason reason. You can drink a little and still be fine, but I'd not recommend it... esp. if you're going to be driving or doing activities that require full consciousness. It will make you too sedated, esp. since you're just beginning it.

Also, taking two won't counteract anything. Do not double your dose, ever! (Unless instructed by your prescribing physician).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It will make you even more drunk! I know I was on that before.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sounds like "R EX"S the DEVILS" or also like R is telaviv any way don't do things you'll regret6. that's all I can say

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

how many beers? if you are sh*tfaced drunk than i would suggest you dont take it

• b r
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

How many is a few?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.