Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What do you think about english langauge? In what way it plays a role in ones success?

Is it true that english is very much important to get job anywhere in this world? Is it true that people who don't speak english, or speaking it with difficulty are viewing by others as moron or dumb? Why this language has become a key criteria to be successful in any sector? It is international langauge that everybody knows and only way to get connected to peoples living in different regions of the world. But why it ihas become a compulsion in every country even for its own citizens to be fluent in it to get a job in spite of the fact that english is not their national langauge. Why everybody get this impression about people who speaks good english or fluent to be modern and intelligent. And to talk in english is a matter of pride to most of the people.To what an extent is it true and Why?

Favorite Answer

Well, since 2 of the 3 Super-powers in the world are English-speaking countries it's a good idea if you want to be a part of world trade. The other is Japan, I feel certain that more and more people are going to start learning Japanese as well.

I don't consider people who don't speak English to be dumb, but I do think it's a good idea for everybody to become fluent in at least 1 other language.

It increases your culture, it's impressive on a resume, and people will respect you for it.

I personally decided to learn Spanish because in Texas (where I'm from) most businesses will double your salary if you speak both spanish and english.

John Cazale - Fredo Robert De Niro - Travis Bickle John Goodman - Walter Sobchak Ethan Hawke - Hank Hanson Christoph Waltz - Lt. Hans Landa Javier Bardem - Anton Chigurh BQ: Great film, however I choose Jaws. BQ2: Oh yeah dude. Best cash I've spent in a at the same time. The photo and sound is loopy, plus in case your a huge DVD nerd like me, blu rays include a sh*t load of specified points and the case regularly appears greater. And an additional factor, relying on which one you purchase, you'll be able to cross on Youtube proper from the participant. Sh*ts dope. You will have to surely assess it out.

English is the language of world business. alot of european countrys' citizens also speak english as a second language

are you French?

English is important for doing business with US and UK,

English became standard in EU since they could not decide between German and French.

English is the language of IT-- it is standard for all server and internet software, all programming languages are based on English, and lots of specialized software is only available in English.

English is the language of science since US does the largest amount of research.

• hmmmm

Those that have power, people emulate their culture and language. Take the Roman Empire, Latin was widely used, and the Roman culture widely copied.