Has anyone ever woken up from a dream 'paralyzed' in fear?

I will sometimes have a 'bad' dream and then wake up unable to move for several seconds from what I think is fear from what I just dreamed about. Example: the other night I dreamed I was involved in a massive fight and ended up on the bottom of a scrum of people. When I woke up my pillow was covering my head partially and it felt like someone was in the room trying to suffocate me with my pillow. I couldn't move for several seconds because I was so freaked out, but then obviously realized I was just imaging/dreaming the whole thing. I've also had dreams about demonic posession to a certain extent, only to wake up feeling 'paralyzed' for several seconds because of what I would guess was fear. Please let me know if this has happened to you and elaborate on your experience if possible. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Yes, it's called Sleep Paralysis. I get it sometimes. It's actually fairly common. Check out this site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Usually when I get it, I think that someone is in my bedroom trying to kill me, but I can't move. After a minute, I realize I'm awake and still dreaming, but I'm still paralyzed and can't move. After another minute or so of trying, I can move.

orisons - I see you edited your answer to copy mine. Good job, moron. And thanks for the thumbs down, douchebag.

One thing you did not add was your beliefs or world view. I will tell you up front that I interpret from a Christian viewpoint, so if it goes against your beliefs, I'm sorry. I only want to try to help. The whole thing seems to be demonic. They have been running over you like a freight train. Did you have anything like that happen before age 16? Have you messed around with occult, witchcraft, or anything similar? Those things open doors to the demonic. I personally don't believe in past lives; I believe we're given one life on earth, and after that are forever with God in Heaven or elsewhere if we so choose. That said, remember that demons lie. It's what they do. Anything to keep you from living a victorious life. I'll give you the symbols too, to see if any of them make any sense. House= usually represents yourself. the note on the wall= reminded me of the story in the Bible old testament in the book of Daniel. A hand appeared and began writing on the wall where the King and his court were dining. It basically said that God was going to judge the King for the evil he had done. maybe you were given a prophetic glimpse of something. In the second one, no matter what the circumstance, you were shot, Guns and bullets= usually represent words, the kind that hurt. where you were being hunted by soldiers= satan's army. last one, trying to fight on your own= you can't. God can. I hope this gives you some help. God bless.

Sleep paralysis is common...your body is set to keep you from thrashing around (too much) in a dream, but if you wake suddenly it sometimes takes a second or two for your body to "boot up."

It's very common.

Follow my link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic_state

Edit: Oh, but especially this link...

I saw gray aliens before. They would paralyze me and telepathically communicate with me. I think that they are really fallen angels.