Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

My DELL made PC is not booting, i guess the problem is on smps,but not sure.waz the prob..?

The symptoms are: first time it took half an hour to reboot. Later the time extends more .After 5-6 time same problem repeats. Noe it taes 3 days to reboot when i try to ON. The CPU is DELL made and configuration is:Intel Xeon 3GHz,2GB RAM- XP-Prof Vn 2002... Anybody plz help me..Em not able to make it ON from last 3 days...

Favorite Answer

Thats because its a "Dell" Dells are notorious for breaking down and not working. My suggestion......Junk it and build your own.

Open the case and listen to the Hard Drive. If it is making grinding and thudding sounds it is the Hard Drive. If you don't know what a normal Hard Drive sounds like bring it down to your local PC store, nerd herd, or geek squad and if its bad they know the sounds to listen for.