Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

Traveling from Germany to the US?

I was wondering what the rules and regulations are on bringing alcohol into the US. I lived in Germany and I was legal there actually still am but is it possible to buy alcohol there and then bring it in my checked luggage if I am not 21?

Favorite Answer

I know that technically for anyone under the age of 21 it is illegal to posses or consume alcohol, regardless of in what country you bought it. I imagine you could get into trouble with customs if they searched your luggage upon arrival. If you're over 21, then there is no trouble at all.

Source(s): Lots of travel between the US and Germany...and lots of baggage searches :)
  • JULI I

hallo,

Duty Free

The following goods may be imported by visitors over 21 years of age into the USA without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 2kg of smoking tobacco or proportionate amounts of each; 0.95l (1qt) of alcoholic beverage; gifts or articles up to a value of US$100.