Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do Americans really believe their government cares about their wellbeing?

Favorite Answer

Soldiers in a war zone deprived of necessary body armor and adequate supplies (even with a more than adequate military budget), between 30-40 million people without any form of health insurance due to high costs and being denied coverage, and a culture of corruption within law enforcement agencies at every level are just "shining" examples of how our government truly "cares" for the well-being of its citizens.

These representatives in Congress are supposed to represent the needs of the constituents that have elected them in office. Unfortunately, they have since become entrusted to the desires of corporate interests and lobbyists whose only concern is profit margins, nothing more. They intentionally seek the government to cater specifically to their interests at the expense of the taxpaying citizens. This is not true capitalism. It is akin to oligarchy. They do not want to compete fairly in the marketplace. They want a leg up in the form of a gov't handout.

Edit: Perhaps Ken C should visit Scandanavia or even Japan for some answers. No government is perfect, but it does not take a rocket scientist to see why they are ahead of the United States in terms of overall quality of life and even education.

HUH????? Well, maybe a bit more than Saddam carried about his people, but, not always number 1 in all American Governments top tens. Certainly not of interest to Bush. Do feel that Clinton, well,both of them, have a greater care for the people. Do think about people and health insurance and the public and jobs. Not things that come to the minds of our incummbents.

Evey Government has a responsibility to care about the well being of its citizens.

But the elected Government representatives will have many limitations and conditions to do so. Hence not every step directly appear to have been so directed,

This is the case with any Government

As citizens we have the responsibility to care of us and also take care to elect proper persons to rule us.

• PAUL

Of course they don't, in fact, they're probably making efforts to ensure our doom. I know that it doesn't seem natural for me, at 26 years of age, to feel in such poor health. It makes me wonder what they're putting in the food, the water, and the air to make us mentally and physically unhealthy.

I notice a lot of your questions but I never really answer them. You're perpetuating a lot of negativity with these questions, so why not take the extra effort to post a little more information and possibly offer us some solutions? We all pretty much know we're ****** at this point, so why don't we start working together to solve the problems instead of just talking about them?

enable's get genuine here. We now not have toddler hard work or childrens working in coal mines. That became Charles Dickens cases. Now Unions symbolize in many cases Public Sector workers that delight in lots extra advantageous salaraies, advantages, and pensions than the taxpayers who pay their income. those public sector unions symbolize a clean style of citizen, one which is extra priveldged than something human beings. different Unions, like the UAW pay human beings without coaching $seventy 5 funds and hour to make automobiles. they are the reason GM failed.

Yes. Absolutely.

Many do. They are hatchling.

The Fascist configuration that our government has become cares not at all for We the People.

We the People must take the government back by restoring the Constitution.

They would care for me...if I had a ton of money. But that doesn't mean I don't think America is the best place to be because I do. =)

Not one damn bit, except Nov. 2 every 4 years, and April 15 every year.

Nope