Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How do you know whether you are a slave to Satan or a slave to God?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Tzadiq
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It truly surprises me that no one has even stumbled on this answer that is directly from the scriptures and couldn't be answered any other way.

Romans 6:15-18 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

In case you missed it who do you obey? God? Or sin? Do you determine what is right or wrong (original sin) or do you truly trust God to know what is best for you and so obey him. There is no gray here.

If you obey God then you are a slave to God.

If you don't obey God then you are a slave to sin and therefore to Satan who is the instigator of rebellion.

You who say claim to be Christian and said I am slave to no one, You better start reading at least the New Testament so you can get at least this point straight. Oy vey!

Repent! The Kingdom of God is at hand!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Does not the bible warn that Satan is the God of this world ?

Does not Jesus warn the broad and spacious is the path to destruction and many travel this path ?

Also is not the path to life narrow and cramped and few find it ?

Matthew 7:20 does it not let us know the truth can be found by it's produce ?

Galatians 5:22 to 24 tells us what those fruits are , whilst 19 to 21 warns us what bad fruit is.

Is this not one very important way to tell if your faith is serving God or Satan ?

Look at those in your faith ( yes we all are sinners and make mistakes) but if overall many don't practice what they preach then is your faith producing good fruit ?

There are other ways like adhering to scripture or coming to and accurate knowledge but I could type all night.

• 1 decade ago

Discernment is the only answer here, if you have a close relationship with God, then you can discern the things that you do all related in His word.............and if you obey His commandments and not really relying on yoru thoughts because His thoughts are higher than man...If you poractice humility and not flaunt your skills and talents.then God showed you the beauty of humility.......and knowing the truthfulness between the good and the bad, is enough to know you are serving God or Satan.........Satan is actually in every one of us....but for as long as you continuously rebuke him and ignore him, he cant or will never try to penetrate in your mind, thouights, actions and worst make up with your spirit ok????

• 1 decade ago

In life we all walk a difficult path, temptation is around every corner.

We stumble and fall, our faith is always tested; not by God but by satan.

Actually, no different than the story of satan trying to tempt Jesus.

Sadly, we slip and fall over and over...

However, isn't this the reason Jesus came to Earth and purposely died on the cross for the remission of our sins?

Satan, desires for us to fall over and over, the latter evil demon is always implanting in our mind that we are not worthy to enter the Lords kingdom.

In other words satan is saying "you can never make it to heaven, give up."

The above is how satan can twist and distort the magnificent plan of salvation.

Sure you will sin and Jesus is fully aware of the latter.

However, the Lord expects us to get up and try again, to keep trying until our life is at an end.

Always keep the faith and your place in heaven is guaranteed; i promise!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well aside from the fact that God lets us choose whether to become His bondslave or not, so we wouldn't be His slave unless we've chosen to...

Satan will strong arm you, will lie to you, deceive you, or make you feel worthless to get you do what he wants.

Jesus will lovingly nudge you to do what you should, and will allow you to choose freely whether to obey or not. Then if you choose not to, He'll be there to help you pick up the pieces afterward.

• 1 decade ago

I am a slave to neither God or Satan. I used my knowledge, life experience and intuition to arrive at that conclusion.

• 1 decade ago

Why would you be a slave to anything or anyone? But if you choose to be a slave you know who you choose, so why are you asking us.

• Bob d
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

a slave to who you obey is the way Jesus said it!

• 1 decade ago

well it depends on what you are doing! Are doing things that you know will displease God? Or things that do please him! And its known of that "yeah I please God" but I turn and around and do bad things the Bible says you cannot slave for two masters, so what are you doing?

• 1 decade ago

It's easy. If you're enjoying your life in any way, you're doing something wrong, and thus you are a slave to Satan.

If you stop others from enjoying their lives by constantly proselytizing them, then you're a slave to God.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.