wHAT dOES IT tAKE TO bECOME A gOOD ACTOr?

wHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A GOOD ACTOR I MEAN WHY CANT ANYBODY BE AN ACTOR OR PUT EMOTIONS AND FEELINGS ON SET....CANT SOMEONE WITH NO eXPERIENCE ONCE SO EVER BECOME AN ACTOR IN 2 SECONDS?

Update:

its like people can practice in the mirror and portray all these diffrent character but when it comes to the cameras why are people nervous...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, unless you are going to YELL ALL THE WAY THROUGH YOUR AUDITION, I would try to refrain from typing all in capital letters, as it is obnoxious, and Thanks for the mandatory, one-letter lower case.

Very appreciative.

So, why can't anybody be an actor?

For one, some people just can't act, they cant.

Sorry, but it's true.

I'm even more sorry that those people will go all through their lives without anybody telling them how bad they are at acting, until they step into my audition room, and don't believe me when I tell them myself.

As for putting your emotions and feelings on set, you have to really believe what is happening in the scene is happening to you.

Acting is believing.

Can someone with no experience ever become an actor in 2 seconds? no.

Can someone with alot of experience become an actor in 2 seconds? also no.

Acting, and being in the business takes a great deal of hard work.

You can work hard, and try to make the dream your own, but don't wait '2 seconds' and give up...

• 1 decade ago

First things first, you must know that the term 'acting' is inaccurate, if you are referring to what someone with any talent does. Good actors don't act. They become the character. They think like the character would think, say what he would say (the best ad-libbers are often the best "actors,") really feel what the character would feel. Anyone can act like someone else, but to assume the physical, mental, and emotional nature of another person and be able to execute this transformation in a way that moves your audience and passes on a piece of your character to them (ie. your grief, triumph, heartache) ... that is talent.

• 1 decade ago

You need to gain experience before you can become a great actor. Some people have natural talent, but they still practice to gain experience. If you want to know how to be a represented actor...:

You need to gain LOTS of experience. You should gain experience by getting involved in local theatres or school theatres/plays. It would also help to take acting classes.

Then you need to create a resumae with your talents, contact information, experience,etc.

Then you need to have headshots made. They can cost anywhere from $100 to $600.

You need to send a cover letter, a headshot, and a resumae to local agents (look them up.) and hope someone calls wanting to represent you. From there, your agent will book you modeling jobs and auditions for acting parts.

I hope this helped!!

Good Luck!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"CANT SOMEONE WITH NO eXPERIENCE ONCE SO EVER BECOME AN ACTOR IN 2 SECONDS?"

Anything is possible, but some things, like this for example are about as probable as winning the national lottery.

You need talent, skill, perseverence, a strong sense of who you are, motivation, listening skills, a strong ability to be able to access your emotions at will, love for the craft, business skills, good communication and networking skills, parents who support you, the ability to learn quickly and take direction and there are certainly more things.

Tony

http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Heya : ) the no longer straight forward area on the subject of the organization is that somebody is often succeeding without seeming to have accomplished plenty to get there - they have the connections, they are fashions and so on.. it extremely is like that. is it honest? No. Will it replace. No. And could your make the main of it in case you have been a sort or had kinfolk in the organization - specific...! lol in case you dont have those issues ....or whether you're fortunate sufficient which you do.., in case you opt to be taken heavily....the final ingredient is to get your self all started with recovering your appearing and self assurance to accomplish and audition, and initiate making contacts that way. take a glance on the information superhighway at your community theatre - maximum have babies theatre communities. You dont desire any journey and you would be inspired all the thank you to the authentic if that's what you opt for. the individuals there understand the thank you to lead you to the subsequent step. And it extremely is all approximately infant steps up the ladder... it extremely is nerve racking. Get used to it. it extremely is going to likely be your lifestyles and gaining understanding of to handle nerves is why preparation is so considerable. as quickly as you're taking you first appearing classification - you will already be earlier to somebody who remains wishing they have been somebody in call for yet no longer doing something approximately it!!! while you're in the united kingdom look on the nationwide babies theatre internet site for extra property you're able to do in the vacations and so on. examine the commerce newspapers - in the united kingdom it extremely is 'the point', in the u . s . a . it extremely is 'at the back of the curtain'. they have classified ads on the lower back for training, auditions, workshops and so on. Dont be scared, choose for it! you're able to do it! Daisy: )

• 1 decade ago

actings about putting yourself completely in a role.

forgetting about who you really are.

your being someone/something else and you have to make it believable. its not just about saying the right lines. you have to take on a new person, change everything about yourself.

including all the things you do subconsciously like maybe you always play with your hair or you have a way of standing.

its hard.

some people just cant do that.

change them selves -their thoughts, emotions, mannerisms, the way you react to people.

some people find it easier then others

anyone can act. just some people suck at it.

it takes practice.

i think everybody has experience but not in the way your thinking. like you mean experience on the stage but i mean experience with just acting - like when you lie to someone thats acting.

yeah u can be an actor in 2 seconds

doesn't mean your going to be any good at it

:]

• 1 decade ago

One cannot "become" a good actor any more than one can "become" a good musician a good dancer. One must have talent, an unflagging work ethic, and years of practice.

The ignorant and just plain dumb idea behind your misspelled, ungrammatic, and case-challenged five-point-loser is woefully all to common.

Conundrum: If just anybody could be an actor in 2 seconds, why are actors paid so much? Anybody can do it, right?

Wrong.

Source(s): 30 years on the Boards
  • 1 decade ago

nOt TyP!nG LyKE DiS

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.