Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Favorite military slogan?

Recently the every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces has changed its slogan. Most are pretty weak. For example, "Do something Amazing" for the USAF. So what is/was your favorite & why?

Amazing, not one USAF slogan. Sorry, not counting the SAC motto, too specific.

I think it's official. The Army needs to go back about 7 years in advertising. Did you know, they spent $150M on that dog, "Army of One."

I demand an immediate demotion for that idiot.

Favorite Answer

Back when the all-volunteer service started, the slogan was:

"Army! Navy! Air Force! Marines! What a great place, what a great place to start!"

That was good and accurate. A few years of a soldiers life will really improve anyone. Especially some dope-addled, dirt-bag, teenager hippies.

My vote for worst slogan is "Army of One" -- what the **** does that mean? What rocket surgeon thought of that to advertise a service built on teamwork?

The informal slogans are the best. My favorite:

"Suck it up and drive on!"

Tells you everything you need to know about any military service, anywhere, anytime.

Military Slogan

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Favorite military slogan?

Source(s): favorite military slogan: https://biturl.im/qG8qb
  • Bill

I am a retired Air Force Pilot and have always wished the AF had come up with a snazzy saying when it was formed right after World War 2. Unfortunately we never did. The closest we came was "Peace is our Profession" which was the motto of the Strategic Air Command.

But the best one of all is:

Semper Fidelis "Always Faithful" or simply Semper Fi.

The slogan if you will, that has always defined me in the military for many years now, is tattoed on my arm....."DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR". I think that says it all for service members past, present and future in any branch of service!

Source(s): 22 years in the US Navy currently in the Middle East during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Semper Fi, Rangers lead the way, with a tab or on a slab, Be all that you can be, He who dares wins- British SAS.

The (Unofficial) slogan of Naval Antisubmarine warfare, "SINK 'EM ALL!! (And let god sort 'em out on the bottom)

The few, the proud, the Marines is a good one. But without this one "CORPSMAN UP"! There would be no Marines.

Semper Fi

Source(s): Proud Navy Corpsman

"Be all that you can be!" I have no idea what "Army of One" means......Last time I checked we worked in teams. And "Army Strong", is that supposed to reference the size of the Army or the smell of us after we have spent 90 days either in the field or one week in the largest kitty litter box in the world?

Source(s): 11 years Army

Uncle Sam wants you! Because it says it all. Soldiers were wanted and protect the sovereignty of our country.