Is there any law or restrictions to lifted pick up trucks?

I don't mind the lifted truck cause I think they're cool. But when one comes along from the back, you can easily get blinded with their lights flashing directly to your rear view mirror - especially if your car is not tinted at all.

Favorite Answer

Yes, there is here anyway. It's referred to as the 'bumper height' law. I've been a MO. State Vehicle Safety Inspector for 17 years. I don't have the book in front of me, but everything is measured from the lowest point of the bumper in inches.

The book has a whole page on where to measure a drop, custom, wood etc. bumpers so somebody cant just Drop(re-mount) the bumper 6" lower after raising the truck 5".

The maximum height goes higher as the truck's Gross Vehicle Weight Rating(GVWR) go's up. Like a Ford F-150 compared to an F-250.

However, anything over a 9000 pound GVWR is exempt!

An F-350 Dually is around 11,500-GVWR so basically anything that says F-350, Silverado 3500 or Ram 3500 on the side of it is fair game here.

I guess that's why our Tint law's have completely mellowed lately! LOL!

There are laws here for light's on a roll bar but they aren't even mentioned in the book so we can't inspect them.

But if you have more than two out of five pointed bacwards and pass a MO. State Trooper, even in the middle of the day with them off, you'd get a ticket!

Source(s): I like tinted windows and lift kit's.

some states do have laws restricting the height you light can bee off the ground. In many states the lights on top of a roll bar are illegal.

most states do have laws on how hight and low bumpers can be and the area head lights are allowed to shine.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT ANY OTHER STATES BUT MARYLAND THE BUMPER HAS TO BE 31" FROM THE GROUND

Source(s): I KNOW THIS BECAUSE IM OVER ALREADY

i asked my dad once (he lifts his jeep more and more every now and then) and he said: as long as it doesn't tip over.