I need support with anorexia?

Hi. First off I just want to say that I DONT want to become anorexic. All I want is someone else out there who shares in my struggles with this disease. I dont want anyone preaching to me or telling me to just eat...that doesnt work! If anyone wants to email me just as someone else who wants support than message me back and we can swap e-mails etc.

thanks!

Favorite Answer

I am recovering from Anorexia as well. Isnt it so easy for someone to say "just eat"? Screw them. I am always online so add me to your messenger if you want, I'll gladly share in the support...hawkeyez_blue. I would love to sit and talk with ya. Good luck to you and stay strong.

I understand. Eating disorders and body dismorphia has been an issue dealt with by my family for many, many, years and acsross generations. I would be happy to swap support e-mails. Give your e-mail in your response and I will do the same.

this is all i have to say...as someone who understands...maybe not empathize...but i can sympathize...I worried about my weight for a long time in HS and i ate a slimfast bar for lunch everyday for about two years. i kept a steady weight....right now...i see girls who are MUCH skinnier than i, and i'd rather cover up and hide, but then i realize, that in order to stay alive and energized, i have to do whats best for me...and thats what i resorted to, to feel good about myself. a slimfast bar....so maybe start off slow...thats what i did! And now i'm eating enough :) but still keeping a steady weight!! Its all about balance...and OH OH...will you PLEASE read Spilling Open: the art of becoming yourself....by Sabrina Ward Harrison...you can find it on Amazon.com! You won't regret reading it! i got it when i was 16 & i've read it over 20 times!!!!

hey there....

guess you're having a rough day too. I don't give out my email, but just wanted to msg you with some support (I'm probably saying things you already know, and you've probably read them a thousand times, but sometimes you need to hear it from other people eh?)....

You know that you can pull through - just imagine your life the way you want it to be....and then realise that you are the only one who can get it that way (with support from doctors, family and friends of course). Anorexia doesn't have to rule you - it's weird - it's kind of comforting to keep within the same eating and exercise patterns, as they feel safe, but the only way you can free yourself of the constant guilt and painful routines is to really (and I mean REALLY) challenge yourself to change them......tell yourself that you know you really won't like it - but that you'll do it anyway (for your health, your future, and for all the people that love you). Never listen to the voice that tells you that you're weak for giving into food, or for dropping back your exercise - listen to the voice that gives you permission to eat, and gives you permission to stop exercising after a shorter period of time - that voice should be telling you that you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Seriously - you ARE strong enough to beat this.....the one thing I can say for sure is that it takes a sick sort of strength to live with anorexia - to constantly deny yourself the life that you want in favour of skipping meals, exercising to the point of exhaustion and isolating yourself......so turn that strength around and use it to beat the disordered thinking.

For ages I have been going around in circles....I'll tell myself I want to get better, but I don't want to gain weight (so at any sign of a gain I freak out and run back into my old 'safe' patterns) - but seriously - you can't get better without gaining weight. Know that as you gain weight, people will be so proud of you - and you will begin to grow into a beautiful and strong woman....stronger than you ever have been - and healthier too. When you do have those moments where you feel like you can't cope, or that the anorexic voice is stronger than you, don't isolate yourself - seriously, talk to someone at home, or call your doctor/counsellor, or chat to a friend. I know it's hard (especially because you know that by speaking to someone at home, they will make sure you eat and watch your exercise) - but it's really important. I have isolated myself so many times, and it really makes it so hard.

I know that I don't know you - but I hate that you're living with this illness, because I know how it can take over your life.

You're strong - and I know you can beat it....so many people have recovered fully from anorexia, and the fact that you are on here asking for support is a good sign - it shows that you could be one of those lucky ones to fully recover. The first steps to complete recovery are knowing that you want to change, and recognising that you don't want your life to be ruled by anorexia forever. This is a long battle.....if it were an easy behaviour/thinking pattern to change there would be no eating disorder clinics, psychiatrists and such. There are so many people who can help you in your battle - but in the end it comes down to you - accept their support and help, and use it to get your life back.

Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself

hey there i have had anorexia for 10 years and struggle daily ..... im very underweight and want so badly to be free

spekgirl12@hotmail.com

email ny tikme :)

It is a very difficult disease to fight by yourself. Please see a Dr.