Is Christina Sommers a liberal feminist or what??

I don't get this lady. I would consider her an antifeminist myself but I dont know. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Does she support equality between the sexes, women being able to vote, own property, get an education, get a job?

Then according to feminists here, she's a feminist.

Or does that standard only apply when people are saying, "Most women are feminists but some just don't want to admit it" and "How can you oppose feminism? That means you don't support women's rights"?

• Junie

I think she's great. She's more of an equal-opportunity feminist, as opposed to an equal-in-number feminist. Meaning - she wants to see women have similar professional opportunites as men, but she recognizes that the majority of engineers will always be men, (for example) and feels that this reflects biology rather than discrimination or culture. She does not hold to the idea of using quotas in order to have 50% participation rates for women in every field.

I'd say she's a feminist who is not afraid of science and has plenty of common sense. In fact, it was everyone's quick dismissal of her as an "anti-feminist" to begin with that made me shed the term "feminist" in the fist place. Her "Whole Stole Feminism?" is a must read, as is the "War Against Boys" and "One Nation Under Therapy"

I doubt that more than a few of the ideologues here can appreciate Sommers. The only thing that interests me about her is the accuracy with which she points out the glaring flaws in radical feminist incoherence about the natural world. Of course, this make relativists and the post-modern wags who haunt the humanities halls of academia angry. Of course, frauds exposed are always angry about it.

It is going against their schedule. Zealots in any group are prejudiced against those in opposing communities. that's a threat to their ideologies. Opposing recommendations, if taken care of actually, rigidity you to dissect your guy or woman preconceived comments.

>Does she support equality between the sexes, women

>being able to vote, own property, get an education, get a job?

This question is better asked:

Does she follow the typical feminist tactic of saying she supports equality, but never rallies to support the true victims of US society - men.

"Or what" would just about sum it up! Most people do not understand what it is she is trying to say, hence the anger. People should actually read her works, rather than merely browsing through the literary section of the New York Times. Try "The War Against Boys" for a starter.

Yeah, I'd call her an antifeminist, too.

She refers to herself as an "equity feminist." Be that as it may, she doesn't seem to be too thrilled about feminism most of the time.

She's a fraud. She knows she can get more publicity by calling herself a feminist and bleating against it.

I wonder if she thinks the boys will like her more if she sucks up to them. Do you think she shows them her panties too?