chemistry SMART PEOPLE!!?
ok here they are
1. which element has the following electron configuaration 1s^2, 2s^2 , 2p^6, 3s^2, 3p^6, 4s^2, 3d^7
2. which sublevel has the lowest energy? 3p, 3s, 3d, 4s ?
3. which sublevel has the highest energy? 5s, 2p, 4s, 4p
4. which element has the following noble gas or short hand configuration? [Ag] 4s^2 3d^3 ,, what is it potassium, sodium, aluminum, vandium??
5. how many valence electrons does sulfer (z=16) have
8, 6, 3, 4 ??
thanks,, forst to answer correctly fisr gets 10 p
- Dr.ALv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
2 . 3s
5. Sulfur has 2 , 4 and 6 valences
- 1 decade ago
3. either 5s or 4p
4. V (and by the way... u meant [Ar]right?)
5.6 (only 6... because u only ask for its valence e, not all the valence e on each shell )Source(s): Biology Major (takes chem classes..)
- mcalhoun333Lv 41 decade ago
Dr. A is right, but for your question four it is [Ar] for argon, not Ag, that is silver.
Also, for 5 I believe the one your teacher is looking for would be 6.