Leo
Leo asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

Computer Start up question?

Ok, when I start up my computer it occasionally makes me choose which operating system to run. I don't know if that makes any sense. Like when I start the computer it makes me choose Windows Vista from a list (it's the only one on the list by the way) and then it starts up. It doesn't do this all the time, and it didn't do it when I first got the computer. Can someone tell me what it does this? Is it a virus, or is there something wrong with my hard drive?

Yes I am only run operating system. The computer came with vista, so there has never been another os on it.

Favorite Answer

right click my computer > properties > Advance System Settings >

Under start-up and recovery click > settings >

Reduce the time to display list to 1 second.

Remember the change you are making because some day you may have have more than 1 os.

Good luck

Do what ( Distress ) told you but do not change it to one second remove the check from the two little windows that will disable it and the computer will boot up without waiting and asking you the question.

• Skye

Did you upgrade to Vista yourself from XP and is your hard drive partitioned?

its just when you start that question always asked..in vista, if you are a previous XP user..and upgraded to vista..that will surely appear..if you don't want that itchcy thing anymore..full format your hardisk..erase all files..back up if needed..

Are you running multiple OS?