Does using a free wireless Internet connection make getting caught illegally uploading more difficult?

I am using a "free" internet wireless connection in my neighborhood. If I were to download materials that were copyrighted, could I still be caught easily?

Favorite Answer

Nope! Every time you connect to the access point (the network device providing you connectivity to the Internet), your laptop's connect information is contained in the logs/software. And since you're connecting using a signal, a WLAN signal surveyor could find out where you are. Mind you, this is if someone really wanted to catch you and turn you in...

Yes,It Logs Your MAC Address,Which Is In Fact Permanent.

Source(s): SE

if you are using other peoples bandwidth then you cannot get caught . . . . . reason is cause your using an IP address registered towards someone else, & if anything theyll come after them & not you. . . . . what i suggest that you do is to download peer guardian; that should block the IP that your using just in case.

gl & peace!

or you can download stuff though edonkey which is a p2p program and is located in the UK which they cannot ban in the US.

lates

• Trev

Yes, just as easily