Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

My computer got hijacked. What do I do when I reboot it in safe mode?

WHAT DO I DO AFTER I BOOT MY COMPUTER IN SAFE MODE?

Favorite Answer

Restart your computer. Once you start getting text from booting up, hit the F8 key several times. A menu will appear and at the top should be Safe Mode

Source(s): Done it 12382398473987 times.

Depends if you ran in safe mode with networking or not. if not then you would need to list whatever type of proggys you may have running in the background (via hijack this) if you did then you have access to download several programs and information that will help you remove whatever type of hijack you have. Since you were not specific it is hard to determine what the problem might be. Since you are posting (unless using someone elses comp) then you have some sort of connection. I can give you several suggestions that might help. Cure it, hijack this, nod32, any good spyware proggy, and a good registry cleaner. All of the previous mentioned programs you can get free. If you need further help, list specifically what your hijack problem is.

do u mean your browser got hijacked or your pc got hacked into. If your browser was hijacked u need to download a spyware cleaner and find that hijacker and delete if off pc. And those things can be a pain in butt to get rid of. If your pc was hacked into not sure what to do. If u need to get into safe mode u need to restart your pc and then tap f6 several times. Then everything is goin to be big. Just go in and i have no idea on what u are tryin to do.

Just re-load windows from a system restore disk. If you don't have one, call the computer store where you bought the computer and ask them for the 800 computer manufacturer support number where you can buy one. I got one for $11 from support in India and it came fast. Then load up an antivirus/antispyware program like Norton Internet Security.

Trojan.Win32.LinkReplacer is a malicious Trojan that distributes rogue anti-undercover agent ware courses including IEDefender. Trojan.Win32.LinkReplacer infects and bombards your computing device with deceptive warning messages which trick you into paying for an entire version of IEDefender. as quickly as you’ve gained the 1st message it relatively is tough to make the Trojan.Win32.LinkReplacer pretend errors messages to pass away. you may get rid of Trojan.Win32 in case you get any errors messages resembling: "equipment errors! Your computing device became hijacked with the help of Trojan.Win32.LinkReplacer It’s risky on your equipment, some data could be lost and your browser could be sluggish! click okay to get carry of the antispyware application to bathe your computing device! (cautioned)" "Google errors! Your browser became hijacked! some outcomes became replaced with the help of porn advertising! you may sparkling your equipment in the present day to keep away from it. get carry of the latest antispyware application!" I propose you attempt a unfastened removing device first, including SmitfraudFix, if this would not paintings, then attempt some thing else.

now ready to take ur backup and format ur pc as a fresh

WHOA POOR YOU!!!!! :(

Get the local computer wizzz out to your house, he'll help you out (trust me)

Do you mean it got hacked?

more info. whats wrong

system restore it..