Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBotany · 1 decade ago

AH CHLOROPLASTS wtttttttf help?

i need to know : what and how chloroplasts interact with other organelles ! thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Relationship with Other Organelles

The chloroplasts do not work with any cells to a large extent, as they are able to almost function independently. However, mitochondria and chloroplasts are very similar organelles, although the chloroplasts have a more complicated membrane and the mitochondria extract energy from food molecules, whereas chloroplasts capture solar energy.

Chloroplasts are also one type of plastid, which is a storage organelle. Most plants convert the sugars made during photosynthesis in the chloroplasts, into starch, which is stored in the plastids. This is the only form of interaction that the chloroplasts have with other organelles.

Other organelles that the chloroplasts have are to the golgi complex organelle, vacuole, nucleus, and the cytoplasm

• Laurie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Chloroplasts contain chlorophyll, a pigment or color that makes plants green. They absorb light and use it, along with water, to produce sugars. The byproduct of this process is the oxygen that we breathe. Chloroplasts are a member of the 'plastids' organelle class. Chloroplasts use photosynthesis to capture light energy and conserve free energy in the form of ATP. This is really the only time that chloroplasts really work together with other organelles. A chloroplast has its own DNA.

A typical plant cell contains about 50 chloroplasts. Each chloroplast is made of three types of membrane: a smooth outer membrane, a smooth inner membrane and a system of thylakoid membranes. They interact with the nucleus, cytoplasm and the vacuole, as three examples.

XOXO,

Laurie

• 1 decade ago

I wish i know too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.