Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 decade ago

can i stay in a motel?

if i have no credit card? i just want to pay cash

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I was a hotel reservations manager for years. Yes you can pay cash, most hotels will require you to pay for your nights stay upfront. That way you do not leave before you pay. They will take a copy of your drivers license or state ID. They will shred this once you have checked out. Several hotels will require you to leave a deposit of $50 on the room that you get back at check out. Why they use this for phone calls, pay per view and anything else that could be charged to the room. Even if you are not planning on using any of these services they will still require a deposit. Of course you have to be of age, most hotels require you to be over 21. If you are not staying at a major chain and just a mom and pop hotel most the time they will just have you pay upfront for the night and they do not take a deposit of course they do not turn the phone on, or movies unless you give them one. Even if you want to pay cash you still can use a credit card to hold the room, just go down to the front desk in the morning and tell them that you want to pay cash! Hope this helps!

Hey just as an FYI check online for coupons, check at rest stops for coupons, if you have AAA or are in the military let them know a lot of hotels will give discounts for this!

Source(s): Reservations Manager for years in a hotel.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you should call the hotel you are planning to stay in in advance to check with them on their policies.

most hotels do require a credit card at check in because there are people who will stay and not pay.

there are probably less quality hotels where you pay up front for the amount of nights you are staying, but like i said just call in advance.

some hotels may be good about accepting a deposit instead of a credit card, in case you decide to order room service, watch a movie or place a long distance call. then when you check out, if you have not used any of the above, they will return your deposit.

if anything, i would suggest getting a prepaid credit card and just putting the amount you are going to spend on it.

you can usually buy them at most stores.

best of luck :]

• 1 decade ago

usually if you pay in cash up front and have an ID you can. call the motel and ask.

• 1 decade ago

Yes .. sometimes they have age requirement. if you are less than certain age then you have to make a security deposit and you will get it back after checking out and everything is fine in the room..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It depends of what motel it is. And maybe you can give a deposit... that way it is more likely that you can.

• 1 decade ago

yeah dude, most motels will let you, but they will check you're ID

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

call first...mostly its ok....some want a cash deposit

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You sure can as long as your of age.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.