I need sponsers/donations for a charitable dance that i am setting up for my school, can anyone help?

I am creating a dance at Downers Grove North High School in Downers Grove IL, 60515. This year all the money is going to the American Cancer Society. The problem that i am having is the lack of funds that i am facing to provide a dance to raise the money.....i also need supplies(water....snacks etc) my school has 2200 people and 1400 are expected.....any donation would help.

Favorite Answer

You could contact your local womans club.We give money to events and charities all the time.You could also call your local church and see if they would be willing to help you.

If you have a local hospital, you may want to talk to them about contacts of other groups that support the American Cancer Society. Another group to approach would be Relay for Life, even if they can't help directly they probably have a ton of ideas for fundraisers.

You may just need to present your information differently. If all donations are going to the American Cancer Society, local businesses should be able to use it as a tax write-off. Use that when you present the information about the dance. It's also possible that a DJ/VJ will donate their time/resources to provide music for the dance.

Have the who, what, where, when, and why of the dance ready when you talk to sponsors.

Know what you need - a detailed list would be amazing. A budget of everything would be even better!!