whose the better college coach bobby bowden or joe paterno?

Favorite Answer

Its Bobby Bowden... He took a team that hadent won 100 games yet and had a record of 4-29 combined the 3 years before he got there and took them to a bowl game and had them ranked #14 nationally after 2 years.... he turned them into a national power despite having a higher competition level playing and competing for recruits with teams like UF and Miami.

Lets Face it Joe PA has been coaching longer and took over a better program and still trails Bowden...

Bowden built on of the scarriest dynasties ever established from 88-2002, Bowden has the longest bowl streak of any coach, and they both have 2 national championship... But bowden played UF and Miami... causing a dog eat dog effect that probally kept the noles out of a couple championships since they lost to top tier teams instead of some patseys.

Bowden Is/was a better recruiter, He currently has the 3rd best class incomming... He has coached Deion Sanders,Derrick Brooks, Peter Boulware, Terrell Buckley, Ernie Sims, Warrick Dunn, Antonio Cromartie, Greg Jones, Dexter Jackson, Brad Johnson, Peter Warrick, Leon Washington Heisman winners Charlie Ward,Chris Wienke and heisman runner up Casey Weldon

and Bowdens seminoles have been called the team of the decade for the 90's

And Bowden STILL RUNS HIS TEAM!!! he doesnt rely on his coordinators to do his recruiting, he actually takes iniative, he ate dinner at a 4 star linebackers house last night and tonight he is going to Virginia beach to have dinner with the #1 QB in the nation and FSU commitment E.J. Manuel... Joe PA is sitting at home, I guarrentee it...

Joe Paterno

I like both coaches, but if I had to choose, I would say Joe Pa. HIs most impressive stat to me is 22-10 -1 in bowl games. Head to head he is 7-1, but 6 of those victories came against bowden when he was at WVU. I don't know how much that means.

Joe Pa was thisclose to a national championship in 05. He is still a good coach. I think Bowden is, too.

• WC

Without a doubt, Joe Paterno of Penn State.

They are both great but Paterno has coached thru more eras and changes and still wins. To be honest, Bowden's wins have come in the modern era. Penn State played better teams over the years also.

Without a doubt, Bobby Bowden of Florida State.

Joe Paterno!!!Go Penn State!!

Well since Joe Pa has been coaching since Mose's played for him I would Have to say Paterno!

Bowden. Have been to a Penn State game. Joe "Pa" does nothing he leaves it to the assistants. Bowden!!!

CORRECTION! WHO WAS the better college coach because both are coaching on reputation and not production now a days. I'd go with JoePa in his prime