promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Help with Spanish Please!!! Can you translate this paragraph for me?

The object I chose to portray as the thing that describes me the best is my hijab. A lot of people may refer to it as the thing that I wear on my head but the correct word is hijab, a word that derives from the Arabic language, which means covered. As you can see from the picture, I am wearing my hijab and it has intricate colors on it. These colors represent the sort of things I enjoy and cherish. The odd assortment of colors also means that my hijab is a symbol of peace and understanding.

As seen in the picture I am holding, I have the colors black, purple, blue and peach on my scarf. I will now describe what these colors mean to me. The black color describes cold, windy, and rainy weather, which is the perfect weather, in my opinion. The purple color describes my respect for my parents, who both love the color purple. The blue color describes my hopes to one day attend UC Berkeley, the home of the Cal Bears. Finally, the peach color describes my love for peach truffle.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lo que yo escoji que me describe de major manera es mi Hiyab. Mucha gente se refiere a esa cosa que uso en mi cabeza la palabra correcta es Hiyab, una palabra qie deriva de la lengua Arabe que significa esconder. Como puede ver en al foto, yo estoy usando my hiyab que tiene colores complejos. Estos colores representan las cosas que disfruto y añoro. La diversidad de los colores en mi hiyab simbolizan la paz y en comprensión.

Como se ve en esta foto, tengo lso colores *****, morado, azul, durazno en la bufanda. Enseguida les dire lo que significan los colores para mi. El ***** es el color que representa el frio, el viento, y los dias la lluviosos que es el clima perfecto en mi opinion. El morado representa el respeto que tengo hacia mis padres que aman el color morado. El azul representa mis esperanzas de algun dia atender a la Universidad de California en Berkeley, el hogar de los Osos Californianos. Finalmente el color durazno representa mi adoración hacia la trufa de durazno.

Source(s): Hijab = Hiyab in spanish From spanish wikipedia the page says the workd coem from esconder = hide - so I used esconder instead of the translation of "cover"
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ok i might not be much help but....

la cosa que escoji que me para demuestar mejor es mi hijab. mucha gente lo piensa como la cosa que me pongo en la cabeza pero realmente se llama hijab. esta palabra es deribada del idioma arabe, y significa cubre o cubriendo. como usted(es) pueden ver en la foto, tengo mi hijab puesto y tiene colores facinantes. estos colores representan cosas que me gustan,.... sorry thats all i can help with

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I suggest you do your own homework. But if you're not a student I could be persuaded to help you out. Try wordreference.com for help translating.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.