Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know which "prophet" cursed the Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City?

See details and make your replies to the original posting of this question. By the way, I've ammended the original answer to give the correct answer since none of the first 14 people who replied knew the correct answer.

Here is a link to the original question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200712...

Please post your reply to the original question, not this one.

Thank you.

The Bible says that one of the many jobs of a Pastor is to to mark or point out those who cause division.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Philippians chapter three:

17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Joseph Smith is a false prophet who is being marked or labeled so that the wise will avoid following his teaching.

Favorite Answer

Your answer wasn't "correct", either from the perspective of Mormon believers or non-believers. See my amended answer to your amended question for details.

• Kerry

It sounds to me that you are doing the very thing yourself (causing divisions and contentions) with your questions here singling out a religion. Better check the ole' hypocrisy meter. Yours is rising sky high.

• That's not a curse on Utah smart guy. But keep living in your ignorance and see how far that gets you. Why are you asking a question if you "think" you already know what the answer is?

It states that if it is rejected. Plural marriage wasn't rejected...it was withdrawn by God. If God were to reinstate it again...He will do so through His Prophets...and if one rejects it...then yes...it will stand. Can't be "cursed" for rejecting something that is not longer asked of you.

wooo! look, ma! I'm answering your own question despite what you said!

seriously, bigotry helps no one. would you like it if people insulted your religion? (or perhaps the lack of one?)

Source(s): plus, bigotry is hypocritical and unchristian. you want to be like jesus, do you? then act like one! grow up, man.
  • gumby

I thought pastors taught people about Jesus Christ, not about why they think other religions are wrong...........